Department of Computer Science and Engineering
BUET, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh
April 11, 2017
Steps of Admission Process for the Finally Selected Candidates at the Postgraduate Programme
- 1. After your admission is confirmed (please check the list(s) of finally selected candidates), note your student number and adviser’s name from the corresponding notice.
- 2. Note the postgraduate class routine and consult your designated adviser to decide which courses you are going to take.
- 3. Go to the Registrar building’s Academic Section, note the required admission fee needed for the postgraduate admission from the notice board there and collect the money deposit form from there.
- 4. Deposit the required amount of money as per instructions.
- 5. Take two photocopies of the money receipt.
- 6. Go to the registrar building's academic section again and contact the administrative officer to give him a photocopy of the money receipt.
- 7. You will be given an envelope from the academic section with your username and password for your account in BIIS (
- 8. Log in to your BIIS account (
http://biis.buet.ac.bd) with the given username and password. Perform the online registration process first by filling amount paid, Bank Scroll No and date of payment, and then by selecting the desired courses (as advised by your adviser). A fulltime student must register for a minimum of 12 Cr. Hr. and may register a maximum of 15 Cr. Hr. A part-time student must not register more than 9 Cr. Hr. You may register for the thesis/project course (CSE6000) as well. In such cases, you have to apply for supervisor assignment in the prescribed form (‘Application for Assignment of Thesis/Project Supervisor’) available in the Department office [Also available online here]. The application form along with the consent of the proposed supervisor has to be submitted to the office before you submit the registration request. If you take thesis/project credits (CSE6000), then your registration request will not be accepted without this application. The students are also advised to read the Master's and Ph.D. ordinance of the University available at the following links:
- Ordinance for the Master's Programs:
- Ordinance for the PhD Program:
- 9. Contact your adviser in the Department immediately and submit to him/her a photocopy of the money receipt. If you have taken some credits for the Thesis/Project (CSE 6000), then your supervisor will automatically become your adviser.
- 10. Keep the original (student) copy of the money receipt for your future reference.
- 11. Once your registration is approved by your adviser, it will be forwarded to the Head of the Department and after the approval of the Head of the Department, your registration is confirmed.
- 12. You should complete your part of registration within 22–26 April, 2017 without late fee. Don't worry if your adviser and Head of the Department do not forward it within that time.
- 13. Classes will begin on April 29, 2017. For the class routine, visit the Departmental website.
- 14. Join the orientation program at 5 pm on Saturday, April 29, 2017 in the IAC Seminar Room of the Department.
- 15. Keep an eye on the website for further notices.